Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Theorycraft: Are Blizzard Store Pets Stronger Than All Others?

With the release of Mists of Pandaria just around the corner, almost everyone's in a tizzy about what many people are calling "Pandokemon". As most of you have read on other blog sites, stockpiling pets is definitely going to be a good gold making strategy with this new companion combat system coming out.

Assuming Blizzard hasn't changed the way they do things, I've come up with a theory.


With almost 160+ pets currently in WoW, some of them have to be stronger than all others. Those are the ones people are going to want to completely annihilate the competition. I believe those are going to be the Blizzard Store pets. Since most of those are $10-$25 and BoP, there really isn't a way to make gold off of them. But wait! There is one....
Linked from wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

The Guardian Cub. The one and only pet that can be bought from the Blizzard Store and is Bind on Equip. I'm not saying you should spend $100 at the store to stock up on these, because others have bought them and are posting them in your local AH right now!

I would suggest getting 3-10 of these for your stockpile. If they turn out to be as strong as I think, then the price on these is going to skyrocket in Mists. If not, pet collectors would still prefer to buy them for gold over cash any day of the week. It's a win-win situation in my book.

Also, I heard a small rumor that some pets currently in-game are going to be removed when MoP comes out. To ensure maximum profits, I'm filling up 2 Gbank tabs with every pet you can get from a vendor, Alliance and Horde, and a couple of the rare drop pets. But remember, It's just a rumor as of right now. Don't panic and spend all of your gold stockpiling pets unless you think it's something you want to do.

Quick shout out to Lascivia for helping me come up with the idea for this post!

By the way, this wasn't the post I mentioned earlier about the niche market I haven't seen a lot of people post about. That one's coming up next, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Spam or Inappropriate Links