Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My Gold Downfall

(November 2011-Today)


About a month ago, I started looking for a level 25 guild with 7 or 8 tabs...

 I wanted to buy one for an enchanting alt that needed a lot of space and also could benefit from Bountiful Bags. At this point I was at 749,000g liquid and didn't want to spent too much so the gold cap would still seem like it was in reach. I had a few friends barking in Trade chat for 2-3 weeks.

After many negotiations and numerous troll attempts, I finally settled on a level 22, 7 Tab Guild. I ended up spending 175k for it. The only issue I had with it was the amount of members, 374! This was meant to be a bank alt guild, but since so much time and energy was spent looking for it I just couldn't say no. I wanted a high level guild to call my own.

I decided to let all the members stay (since it would take forever to kick them all) and gave the reins to my Girlfriend in RL, Janeyy. I was still the GM, but she had all the power and made all the decisions. Needless to say, <Distinct Advantage> was reborn.

Over the following weeks, I hosted multiple contests for the guild. Gave away about 100k in prizes. When we hit level 24 I did a Chopper giveaway. I bought tons of gems, enchants, glyphs, and crafted gear for people on our raid team. We were trying to get up to full clear status in Dragon Soul, even though I had already cleared it on my main.

Two other guilds caught my eye. One was a level 10, 6 tab guild that I managed to get for 10k. The other was a well known level 25 Player vs Player guild that had died. I snagged that one for 70k, with much dismay. I kinda still wish I had seen that guild first.

But now it's been a month or so since I purchased <Distinct Advantage> and we're doing pretty good. We are almost ready to start full clearing Dragon Soul, we run many different raids and events each week, and we're up to about 17k in the Guild Bank. But alas, my liquid gold is sitting at 212,000g. A mere shadow of what it once was. Eventually I will get back to what I was at before, and even surpass it. But I can only hope I can pull it off before Mists of Pandaria comes out. Until next time!
                                    
                               -Kaelq

P.S.
My next post will be about a niche market I have not seen too many other bloggers write about. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

No Spam or Inappropriate Links